Thank you for your interest in volunteering for LifeHouse! LifeHouse provides housing, help and hope for women with unplanned pregnancies — with the support of community members like you! God has given us a precious few months with these women and your partnership makes them feel welcome and loved.
High Impact Opportunities – Commitment Required
Teach Classes – All Curriculum Provided with Room for Creativity
– Productive Hours on Campus – Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday – 10 AM to 12 PM (6 Week Commitment) – Help lead the women in activities such as exercise, crafting, or computer proficiency!
– Loving and Caring Bible Study – Thursday Nights – 7 PM – 8:30 PM (8 Week Commitment)
– REAL Essentials Relationships – Saturday Mornings – 10 AM to 11 AM (8 Week Commitment)
– Mayo Clinic’s Guide to Pregnancy – Saturday Mornings – 11 AM to 12 PM (3 Week Commitment)
– Computer Proficiency – Saturday Mornings – 11 AM to 12 PM (3 Week Commitment)
– Therapeutic Art – Saturday Mornings – 11 AM to 12 PM (3 Week Commitment)
– Creative Writing – Saturday Mornings – 11 AM to 12 PM (3 Week Commitment)
House Parent Assistant – Weekly – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday – 1 PM to 3 PM (at least 6 Week Commitment) – Tasks include, but are not limited to: transportation of residents, grocery trips, household chores, and encouraging the housemother
Weekend Respite House Parent – Saturday – 12 PM to 4 PM (at least 6 Week Commitment) – Tasks include, but are not limited to: being present and available to residents and the home, transporting residents if necessary, grocery trips, household chores, and making the houseparent’s off time even more restful
Administrative Assistant – As needed – Tasks include assistance with filing, data entry, mailings, copies, etc.
– Nutrition and Cooking Class – 4th Saturdays – 11 AM to 12 PM – Teach our residents the importance of nutrition and then inspire them towards creativity in cooking as you host a cooking class at our homes!
– Small Group Sampler – 5th Thursdays Evenings – 7 PM to 8:30 PM – Host your small group at LifeHouse! The residents will get to experience a taste of biblical community to inspire them to participate in a small group at their own church.
– Class Sampler Saturdays – 5th Saturdays – 10 AM to 11 AM or 11 AM to 12 PM – Crafts, beads/jewelry making, Dress for Success, poetry, music, painting, prayer time
Family Breakfast – Saturday Mornings– 9:15 AM to 10:15 AM – Groups of up to 5 adults
LifeLine Alumni Event Crew – 2nd Saturdays each month – 10:30 AM-3 PM – Group of 5 adults – LifeLine continues the path of hope for former residents of LifeHouse and their babies. Be a helping hand during an event that provides community, engaging teaching, and tangible resources.
Maintenance/Cleaning – Monday through Saturday – Hours may vary – Groups of up to 15 adults
Special Event Volunteers – Newsletters, Golf Tournament, Celebration Dinner, etc.
Prayer Volunteer – Pray for the ministry of LifeHouse from the comfort of your own home weekly and then at our offices quarterly! Volunteers will receive weekly emails on Monday at 12 PM with prayer need updates. Volunteers will rotate leading.
Host a Donation Drive
– View LifeHouse’s Target registry
– View LifeHouse’s Amazon registry
– Ongoing needs: Natural and relaxed hair products (such a Pantene and Cantu products), diapers, baby wipes, formula, educational toys, fleece blankets (texture matters, fleece only please), journals, hoodies, laundry detergent (pods only, scented and unscented), dishwasher detergent, Bona floor cleaner, house cleaning supplies (preferably non-toxic, “green” cleaners for our pregnant moms to use for daily chores), toilet paper (2-ply minimum), paper towels, white towels, white linens (twin size sets)
Collect and assemble New Mom Kits or New Home Starter Kits
– Welcome Basket Items – conditioner and shampoo, body wash, cocoa butter lotion, deodorant, shaving cream, loofah, toothbrush, 2 razors, large water bottle, fleece blanket, medium sized notebook (arrange in a small laundry basket)
– New Mom Kit – gallon Ziploc bags, lotion, eyeshadow, body wash, loofah, razor, etc. (arrange in a purse or gallon Ziploc bag)
– New Home Starter Kit – candle, basic cleaning supplies, hand towels, hand soap, toilet paper roll, paper towel roll, air freshener (arrange in a basket that can be used in the home)
Welcome Door Signs – Encouraging verses or holiday-themed door signs to brighten the day of each resident as she embarks on this new journey! Signs should be approximately 8 1/2 x 11 and creativity is encouraged.