Thank you for your interest in volunteering for LifeHouse! LifeHouse provides housing, help and hope for women with unplanned pregnancies — with the support of community members like you! God has given us a precious few months with these women and your partnership makes them feel welcome and loved.
New to LifeHouse?
All first–time volunteers are asked to attend a LifeHouse Learn and Serve!
Choose one of the following days:
— Thursday, 2 PM to 4 PM – Offered weekly
— Saturday, 11 AM to 1 PM – Offered 4th Saturday each month
What to expect: A tour of the LifeHouse followed by a general service project!
Residential Program Opportunities – Commitment Required
Teach Classes – All Curriculum Provided with Room for Creativity
Productive Hours on Campus: Help lead the women in activities such as exercise, crafting, or computer proficiency
— Tuesday or Thursday – 10:30 AM to 12 PM (8 Week Commitment)
— Saturday – 11 AM to 12 PM (4 Week Commitment)
— Topics include Mayo Clinic’s Guide to Pregnancy, Computer Proficiency, Therapeutic Music, Therapeutic Art, Creative Writing, Nutrition and Cooking Class, Gardening, Crocheting, Crafting
Loving and Caring Bible Study – Thursday Nights – 7 PM to 8:30 PM (8 Week Commitment)
REAL Essentials Relationships – Saturday Mornings – 10 AM to 11 AM (8 Week Commitment)
House Parent Assistant – (8 Week Commitment) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday – 1 PM to 3 PM or Saturday 12 PM to 4 PM. Tasks include, but are not limited to: transportation of residents, grocery trips, household chores, and encouraging the housemother
Administrative Assistant – As needed – Tasks include assistance with filing, data entry, mailings, copies, etc.
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Small Group Sampler – 5th Thursdays Evenings – 7 PM to 8:30 PM – Host your small group at LifeHouse! The residents will get to experience a taste of biblical community to inspire them to participate in a small group at their own church.
Family Breakfast – Saturday Mornings– 9:15 AM to 10:15 AM – Groups of up to 5 adults
Family Breakfast – Friday Evenings – 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM – Bring your family to ours to host an evening of dinner and a family friendly activity!
LifeLine Alumni Event Crew – 2nd Saturdays each month – 10 AM- 3 PM – Group of 5 adults – LifeLine continues the path of hope for former residents of LifeHouse and their babies. Be a helping hand during an event that provides community, engaging teaching, and tangible resources.
Maintenance/Cleaning – Monday through Saturday – Hours may vary – Groups of up to 15 adults
Special Event Volunteers – Golf Tournament, Celebration Dinner, etc.
Prayer Volunteer – Pray for the ministry of LifeHouse from the comfort of your own home weekly and then at our offices quarterly! Volunteers will receive weekly emails on Monday at 12 PM with prayer need updates. Volunteers will rotate leading.
Host a Donation Drive – From personal care items to baby items to clothing and cleaning supplies, LifeHouse goes through inventory quickly to serve our women. Help connect your community to the LifeHouse family by hosting a donation drive.
– View LifeHouse’s Target registry
– View LifeHouse’s Amazon registry
– Ongoing needs: Natural and relaxed hair products (such a Pantene and Cantu products), diapers, baby wipes, formula, educational toys, fleece blankets (texture matters, fleece only please), journals, hoodies, laundry detergent (pods only, scented and unscented), dishwasher detergent, Bona floor cleaner, house cleaning supplies (preferably non-toxic, “green” cleaners for our pregnant moms to use for daily chores), toilet paper (2-ply minimum), paper towels, white towels, white linens (twin size sets)
Collect and assemble New Mom Kits or New Home Starter Kits
– Welcome Basket Items – conditioner and shampoo, body wash, cocoa butter lotion, deodorant, shaving cream, loofah, toothbrush, 2 razors, large reusable water bottle, fleece blanket, medium sized notebook (arrange in a small, round, white laundry basket)
– New Mom Kit – gallon Ziploc bags, lotion, eyeshadow, body wash, loofah, razor, etc. (arrange in a purse or gallon Ziploc bag)
– New Home Starter Kit – candle, basic cleaning supplies, hand towels, hand soap, toilet paper roll, paper towel roll, air freshener (arrange in a basket that can be used in the home)
Welcome Door Signs – Encouraging verses or holiday-themed door signs to brighten the day of each resident as she embarks on this new journey! Signs should be approximately 8 1/2 x 11 and creativity is encouraged.