Thank you for your interest in volunteering for LifeHouse! LifeHouse provides housing, help and hope for women with unplanned pregnancies — with the support of community members like you! God has given us a precious few months with these women and your partnership makes them feel welcome and loved.
High Impact Opportunities – Commitment Required
Teach Classes – All Curriculum Provided
– Loving and Caring Bible Study – Thursday Nights – 7 PM to 8:30 PM (8 Week Commitment)
– REAL Essentials Relationships – Saturday Mornings – 10 AM to 11 AM (8 Week Commitment)
– Mayo Clinic’s Guide to Pregnancy – 1st, 2nd, 3rd Saturdays (Every Other Month) – 11 AM to 12 PM (3 Week Commitment)
– Financial Peace University – 1st, 2nd, 3rd Saturday (Every Other Month) – 11 AM to 12 PM (3 Week Commitment)
House Parent Assistant – Weekly – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday – 1 PM to 3 PM (8 Week Commitment) – Tasks include transportation of residents to and from appointments, meal preparation, house parent chores, organizing closets, copies, etc.
Administration Assistant – Wednesdays – 10 AM to 12 PM – Tasks include assistance of filing, data entry, mailings, copies, etc.
– Nutrition and Cooking Class – 4th Saturdays – 11 AM to 12 PM
– Small Group Sampler – 5th Thursdays Evenings – 7 PM to 8:30 PM – Host your small group at LifeHouse! The residents will get to experience a taste of biblical community to inspire them to participate in a small group at their own church.
– Class Sampler Saturdays – 5th Saturdays – 10 AM to 11 AM or 11 AM to 12 PM – Crafts, beads/jewelry making, Dress for Success, poetry, music, painting, prayer time
Family Breakfast – 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th Saturdays – 9:15 AM to 10:15 AM – Groups of up to 5 adults
Maintenance and Cleaning – Monday through Saturday – Hours may vary – Groups of up to 15 adults
Family Fun Fridays – Friday Nights (monthly) – 5 PM to 8:30 PM – Pizza? Movie? Games? Bring your family to ours to host a family friendly activity of your choosing. Groups of up t0 5 volunteers.
Special Event Volunteers – Newsletters, Golf Tournament, Celebration Dinner, etc.
Prayer Volunteer – Pray for the ministry of LifeHouse from the comfort of your own home! Volunteers will receive bi-monthly emails with prayer need updates.
Host a Donation Drive
– View LifeHouse’s Target registry
– Diapers, baby wipes, formula, educational toys
– Welcome Basket – conditioner and shampoo, body wash, cocoa butter lotion, deodorant, shaving cream, luffa, toothbrush, 2 razors, large water bottle, fleece blanket, medium sized notebook
Collect and assemble New Mom Kits or New Home Starter Kits
– New Mom Kit – gallon Ziploc bags, lotion, eye shadow, body wash, luffa, razor, etc.
– New Home Starter Kit – candle, basic cleaning supplies, hand towels, hand soap, toilet paper roll, paper towel roll, air freshener
Welcome Door Signs – Encouraging verses or holiday-themed door signs to brighten the day of each resident as she embarks on this new journey! Signs should be approximately 8 1/2 x 11 and creativity is encouraged.